Make Money With Blogging
Money Making By Blogging
The fact that blogging has become an extremely popular marketing and promotion method is no surprise. Make money with blogging is so much easier now than it used to be with the popular content management systems software like WordPress among others.
When you search for the word “blogging” on the Google search engine, you get over 123,000,000 results. There is so much content on the web about blogging, that you are spoilt for choice.
With WordPress, you don’t need any web design or programming skills. You simply sign up for a free account, get a Domain name, get a hosting account, choose a free or paid template and then you are ready to start posting content to your blog and start making money online.
WordPress gives you the advantage of being able to get your blog and the content you post indexed by search engines in a short period, sometimes within 2 to 6 months.
This can be attributed to three factors:
- Search engines such as Google favour blogs sites since a blog is made up of fresh content that is updated regularly.
- Ping capability means you can immediately notify search engines whenever new content has been added.
- Syndicating blog content through RSS feeds increases both the content value and the number of backlinks.
Is it too late to start blogging this year?
According to the most recent figures from 2021, over 7.5 million blog entries are published every day. Based on this information, it is not too late to create a blog in 2021 in order to earn money online.
Starting a blog is never too late.
Right now, you can start a blog and turn it into a money-making machine without a lot of monetary investment. However, you will need the investment of time to make it a success.
Can You Make Money By Blogging
Just like any other website, you can incorporate independent advertising in your blog template to make money with blogging.
Customized Google AdSense ads, for example, can be quickly and easily added to a Blog site. You can also sell additional advertising space that can either be placed throughout your content or placed within a designated area of your site.
The real attractiveness of a blog site is the opportunity to make money with blogging that you don’t get with other platforms. It allows you to include whatever information or promotions you choose. If your blog content provides valuable and interesting information for your audience, you will eventually gain traffic and make money with blogging. The only difficulty is being able to provide good quality and engaging content regularly for your visitors.
Take Copyblogger, which is a great example of making money with blogging: the secret to an abundance of wealth with their blogging-focused and content writing website.
It’s been labelled “the most influential content marketing blog on the planet.”
The blog’s main features are writing tips, analysis of current content marketing trends, and podcast episodes. Because Copyblogger is a copywriting website, it is under a great deal of pressure to put what it preaches into practice and produce high-quality material.
Its articles usually meet that standard, with neat formatting and conversational language and it is said to earn $35.1 million a year. It was originally started by Brian Clark and is now being edited by Stefanie Flaxman.
Another great example of a blogger who can generate over a million dollars in income a year is Michelle Shroeder-Gardner who details in her blog exactly how she built a successful $1,000,000 a year blog while travelling.
What Type Of Blogs Make Money
One of the most successful types of blogs to make money with blogging is a marketing blog.
A marketing blog educates readers on how to start a business by showing them how to develop and profit from internet marketing skills.
Many marketing blogs cover topics like blogging, email marketing, eCommerce marketing, and SEO.
Here are some of the most popular ways to make money with blogging:
- Affiliate marketing on your blog.
- Adsense and other advertising networks.
- Banner adverts.
- Write advertorials and sponsored content.
- Charge for sponsored social media posts.
- Write guest blog posts for media outlets.
- Work with an agency to build blogs and sell them.
- Sell digital products on your blog.
One of the best ways to ensure that you retain your readers’ attention and support is to choose specific niche topics. The more targeted or specific the niche you choose, the better.
Rather than trying to please huge numbers of individuals with various interests, you can focus on subject areas that have a very strong affiliation with your target audience.
What Are The Most Popular Niche In The Make Money With Blogging World
The four most common types of blogs are:
- Personal blogs,
- Business blogs,
- Niche blogs, and
- Affiliate blogs.
Here are 11 of the most popular blogs niche types this year:
- Health & Fitness Blog.
- Finance & Money related blogs
- Marketing blogs
- Food Blogs
- Travel Blogs
- Lifestyle blogs
- Fashion blogs
- DIY Blogging. …
- Sports Focused Blogs. …
- Blogs about Politics. …
- Car and Automobile Blogging.
The most important thing about having a specific niche topic means that Google AdSense ads will also be highly targeted. A perfect match for your content.
Furthermore, your audience can comment on your blog post. It helps build content, even on those instances when you’re not able to contribute, you can rest assured that your readers are posting their comments, opinions, and advice. It gives them a sense of inclusion, that they’re part of the process rather than merely an outsider looking in.
Assuming, of course, that you’ve given them something to talk about. Which addresses yet another blog practice that should be implemented…
It’s always a good idea to invite reader participation. Rather than wait around for someone to contribute comments, put something out there that prompts them to act.
- If your blog is centred around internet marketing, ask readers to post their best and worse internet marketing tactics.
- If your blog is centred around dog training, ask readers what training methods resulted in the most success (or failure).
- Take a poll, take a survey, conduct a contest and include a questionnaire form that readers can fill out and submit.
There are all sorts of ways you can get readers to participate. If nothing else, just mention something that will prompt them to post comments. Or, at the very least, provide content that makes them want to keep coming back.
Don’t just write. Get people fired up. Give them something to think about, to talk to their friends and associates about. The more you get your audience involved, the more likely they’ll spread the word about this great blog they continue to visit.
Content Is King
Of all the advantages a blog can offer, the best one is the fact that people who frequent blogs are looking for a place to be informed, amused, enlightened, and entertained.
However, if you are writing on a professional subject such as SEO, internet marketing or financial investment, make sure you are careful about your writing, spelling, and grammar. You want your audience to respect your advice and view you as an expert in your field. You won’t be able to pull that off if your blog posts are riddled with misspelt words and grammatical errors.
Your blog has the potential to generate a good deal of revenue. But your first and primary objective should be to create and maintain content that keeps your readership alive and well. Once you’ve accomplished that, financial success will automatically follow.
To make your blog a success you need to decide what type of audience you want to reach and how you intend to reach them.
Get started in your blogging journey today by acquiring a domain for your blog. Domain names are freely available at Namecheap.com and GoDaddy. At Namecheap, you can host your blog independently and get started on your blogging journey with as little as $1.88 per month.
Firstly, you need to sign up for a Namecheap account, this could be done very quickly. At Namecheap, you can use the One-Click Installs to install your WordPress site and also get a domain for free. Once you decide on which hosting plan you can choose either shared hosting, WordPress hosting or VPS hosting. You then choose a billing cycle of 12 months or more. Choose your Domain name from .com, .org or .net and then that is your Domain for free for the first year.
Take a look here for an in-depth article about how to start a WordPress blog.
Once you install WordPress you are ready to start putting content on your site ready to be published. While that will get you “up and running”, there’s one additional step you’ll want to do right away… Put your AdSense code on your blog site. That way, there’s no delay in having the capability of gaining income from any traffic you receive.
If you don’t yet have an AdSense account, you can sign up for one right here Google AdSense. If you already have an account, just go ahead and sign in.
You can also take advantage of having your blog content automatically syndicated through RSS or Atom site feeds. That means your blog content has the capability of being widely circulated.
Targeted Web Traffic
Having a blog is all well and good. But you won’t experience much marketing benefit if you don’t receive a considerable amount of visitors.
It’s never too soon to start. As soon as you’ve established your blog (which means you‘ve written some compelling content that will capture viewers’ attention), you need to begin implementing traffic methods.
Pinterest is the most newbie-friendly traffic sound around at the moment. If you want instant traffic, Pinterest is the deal. However, you can plan for the long term by mastering and using the Search Engine Optimization strategy.
Traffic Generating Strategy
Here are some of the traffic generating strategies that can be very effective in garnering viewers’ activity.
- Above everything else, make certain your blog content is search engine friendly. That would include the following things.
- Placing keywords in all the headings (titles) of your posts.
- Placing keywords in your links. For example, if you’re sending viewers to a page where there is more information about optimizing their websites for better search engine position, don’t say “click here” but rather hyperlink the words “search engine optimization”.
- Place a primary keyword in the name of your blog.
- Submit your site to all the major search engines as well as the following blog directories and websites.
- Make certain you ping whenever you add new content to your blog. If your blog doesn’t come equipped with this capability, it can be accomplished through websites like Ping-O-Matic at
- Create your RSS feed to distribute your blog directly to readers.
- Contact the owners of websites whose topic is relevant to what you write about in your blog. Tell them you have free content available in exchange for a link back. Or you can simply exchange links by including a mention of their website within your blog content.
- Visit blogs that you like, preferably ones that have content similar or complementary to yours. Post quality and informative comments (along with your blog URL address) as often as you can – on average, around three times a week.
- Write great content in your blog. The better the content, the more people will visit and the more word-of-mouth advertising you’ll receive. Plus, other blogs and websites will be more likely to provide links to a blog that includes quality, relevant content.
- Write content on your blog frequently (at least two to three times a week). That way, the search engines will take notice and assign it more relevance and importance, primarily because it’s active and constantly building. If your blog content provides valuable and interesting information, other bloggers will come.
Why Do Bloggers Fail?
The reason most blogs fails (other than the fact that so many blog post contains nothing of value to the reader) is simply because the owner runs out of ideas and cannot keep up with the content creation marathon. They start their blog, post some good content for some time and then slowly run out of steam. They fail because they don’t provide compelling, high-quality content.
With so much content being created online, quality content is a must-have to stay in the game. As a result, you have to deliver knowledge to your readers that they wouldn’t find on any other site.
What you need to understand is that blogs were and always will be a way of voicing your thoughts. That does not mean it cannot be used for business means. They just need to be geared more toward an informational writing style than a promotional message.
- If you want your blog to be successful, you need to approach the writing on a casual and personal level. Be yourself. Write honestly and from the heart, without all the hype and polished promotional agenda.
- One of the best ways to ensure that you’ll retain reader attention and support is to choose specific niche topics. Rather than try to please scores of individuals with various interests, focus on subject areas that have targeted audience potential.
- Your blog has the potential to generate a good deal of income. But your first and primary objective should be to create and maintain content that keeps your readership alive and well. Once you’ve accomplished that, financial success will automatically follow.
- For the most part, you need to pick a blog topic that is not only popular but lends itself to promoting related products.
- A niche blog will attract much more targeted readers and loyal supporters. They’re interested in the topic, they like what you’re writing about, and they return on a regular and ongoing basis.
- On your basic website, hard-hitting sales copy is acceptable, mainly because it’s expected. With a blog, you need to find the right balance between a sales pitch and a subtle recommendation.
Is Blogging Dead?
When you think about the way blogs started – and what continues to make them so popular – it’s obvious that owners use them to “bare their soul”, so to say. They don’t sweat over their content, constantly revising and editing as though it were some sort of literary masterpiece. So to answer the question, blogging is still alive and well!
The blogger simply writes freely and honestly about what they feel and what they think. And, if what they write is highly engaging, their blog will not only attract a considerable number of followers, it will endure over an extended period. The more people they attract to their site the more money-making potential they will have. Make Money With Blogging
If you want your blog to be successful and you want to make money with blogging, you need to approach the writing on a casual and personal level but with a business-like determination. Be yourself, write honestly from the heart, without all the hype and polished promotional agenda of a commercially driven organisation.
If your goal is to make money with blogging, you won’t be able to do that if you use your blog simply to push products to your audience. You need to entertain, educate and engage your audience.
You want to give your audience something valuable that makes them want to keep reading your post and most importantly you need to capture your audience’s attention to the degree that they look forward to hearing what you have to say next.
- Make certain your blog content is search engine friendly by placing keywords in the name of your blog, your post headings, and your links.
- Ping whenever you add new content to your blog.
- Distribute your blog content directly to readers through RSS feeds.
- Contact owners of websites whose topic is related to what you write about and let them know you have free content available in exchange for a link back to your blog.
- Visit blogs that you like with similar content and post quality and informative comments on a regular frequent basis.
- Write great content. The better the content, the more people will visit and the more word-of-mouth advertising you’ll receive.
- Write content on your blog frequently – at least two or three times a week. Because it’s active and constantly building, search engines will take notice and assign it more importance.
Don’t forget to leave your comments below.