Blogging: How To Start An Awesome Blog And Make Money
Money Making By Blogging
The fact that blogging has become an extremely popular marketing and promotion method is no surprise. Make money by blogging is so much easier now than it used to be with the popularity of WordPress.
When you search for the word “blogging” on Google search engine, you get over 123,000,000 results. There is so much content on the web about blogging, you are spoilt for choice.
With WordPress, you don’t need any web design or programming skills. You simply sign up for a free account, get a Domain name, get a hosting account, choose a free or paid template and then you are ready to begin posting content to start make money with blogging.
The Advantages of WordPress
WordPress gives you the advantage of being able to get your blog and the content you post indexed by search engines in a short period, sometimes within 3 to 6 months.
This can be attributed to three factors:
- Search engines such as Google favouring blogs sites since a blog is made up of fresh content that is updated regularly.
- Ping capability means you can immediately notify search engines whenever new content has been added.
- Syndicating blog content through RSS feeds increases both the content value and the number of backlinks.
How Do Blogs Make Money
Just like any other website, you can incorporate independent advertising in your blog template to make money with blogging.
Customized Google AdSense ads, for example, can be quickly and easily be added to a Blog site. You can also sell additional advertising space that can either be placed throughout your content or placed within a designated area of your site.
The real attractiveness of a blog site is the money-making potential of the platform. It allows you to include whatever information or promotions you choose. If your blog content provides valuable and interesting information to your audience, you will eventually gain traffic. The only difficulty is being able to provide good quality and engaging content regularly for your visitors.
The reason most blogs fails (other than the fact that so many blog post contains nothing of value to the reader) is simply because the owner runs out of ideas and cannot keep up with the content creation marathon. They start their blogging journey with lots of enthusiasm, they post some good content for some time and then slowly run out of steam.
It doesn’t have to go that way…
What you need to understand is that, just because blogging is a way of voicing your thoughts, it does not mean it cannot be used for business means. They just need to be geared more toward a correct writing style than a promotional message.
How To Treat Your Blog Like A Business
When you think about blogging and the way to make them assessible to a huge audience, it’s obvious that owners use them to “bare their soul”….so to speak. They don’t sweat over their content, constantly revising and editing as though it were some sort of literary masterpiece.
The blogger simply writes freely and honestly about what they feel and what they think. And, if what they write is highly engaging, their blog will not only attract a considerable number of followers, it will endure over an extended period. The more people they attract to their site the more money-making potential they will have.
If you want your blog to be successful and you want to make money with blogging, you need to approach the writing on a casual and personal level but with a business-like determination. Be yourself, write honestly from the heart, without all the hype and polished promotional agenda of a commercially driven organisation.
Your blog is your business
- Plan to succeed: Every successful business has a laid out plan and you must treat your blog like a business and plan ahead. There’s an old saying “Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail”.
- Organize Your Daily Activities: Treat your blog seriously and organize it like the way a business would.
- Create a Brand: Branding is the key to success amongst the many millions of blogs online.
- Build Credibility: Your content must be well researched, compelling, write with passion and knowledge.
- Attitude: Have a can do attitude and create the correct mindset to succeed.
If your goal is to make money with blogging, you won’t be able to do that if you use your blog simply to push products to your audience. You need to entertain, educate and engage your audience.
You want to give your audience something valuable that makes them want to keep reading your post and most importantly you need to capture your audience attention to the degree that they look forward to hearing what you have to say next.
One of the best ways to ensure that you retain your readers’ attention and support is to choose specific niche topics. The more targeted or specific the niche you choose, the better.
Rather than trying to please huge numbers of individuals with various interests, you can focus on subject areas that have a very strong affiliation with your target audience.
The most important thing about having a specific niche topic means that Google AdSense ads will also be highly targeted. A perfect match for your content.
Furthermore, your audience can comment about your blog post. It helps build content, even on those instances when you’re not able to contribute, you can rest assured that your readers are posting their comments, opinions, and advice. It gives them a sense of inclusion, that they’re part of the process rather than merely an outsider looking in.
That’s assuming, of course, that you’ve given them something to talk about. Which addresses yet another blog practice that should be implemented…
How do you get audience participation?
It’s always a good idea to invite reader participation. Rather than wait around for someone to contribute comments, put something out there that prompts your audience to participate with what you are putting out there, get them to act.
- If your blog is centred around internet marketing, ask readers to post their best and worse internet marketing tactics.
- If your blog is centred around dog training, ask readers what training methods resulted in the most success (or failure).
- Take a poll, take a survey, conduct a contest and include a questionnaire form that readers can fill out and submit.
There are all sorts of ways you can get readers to participate. If nothing else, just mention something that will prompt them to post comments. Or, at the very least, provide content that makes them want to keep coming back.
Don’t just write. Get people fired up. Give them something to think about, to talk to their friends and associates about. The more you get your audience involved, the more likely they’ll spread the word about this great blog they continue to visit.
Of all the advantages a blog can offer, the best one is the fact that people who frequent blogs are looking for a place to be informed, amused, enlightened, entertained.
However, if you are writing on a professional subject such as SEO, internet marketing or financial investment, make sure you are careful about your writing, spelling, and grammar. You want your audience to respect your advice and view you as an expert in your field. You won’t be able to pull that off if your blog posts are riddled with misspelt words and grammatical errors.
Your blog has the potential to generate a good deal of revenue. But your first and primary objective should be to create and maintain content that keeps your readership alive and well. Once you’ve accomplished that, financial success will automatically follow.
To make your blog a success you need to decide what type of audience you want to reach and how you intend to reach them, so choosing the right blog hosting platform is very important.
Start by getting the right domain name to reflect your blog. Ideally you want the keyword relating to the niche you are in to be reflected in your domain name.
Take a look here for in-depth article about how to start a WordPress blog on Namecheap
Once you install WordPress with the free WordPress blog themes, you are ready to start putting content on your site ready to be published. While that will get you “up and running”, there’s one additional step you’ll want to do right away… Put your AdSense code on your blog site. That way, there’s no delay in having the capability of gaining income from any traffic you receive.
Blog Page Design
Be Seen: Build Up Your Online Presence
When starting a business, acquiring the right domain name and creating a website are the first steps to building your brand online.
Building up a blog business online can be daunting, but there are tools out there to make your life easy. You don’t have to be an expert. Anyone can start and grow their business online if they choose the right tools.
- What’s in a name? Determine your domain name at Namecheap com
- Design your logo. A logo is an easy way to differentiateyour business from others Use it on your website, social media, and in your online and offline marketing. Why not try our free logo maker and design a unique logo within minutes?
- Create your perfect website. By using these great tools like WebsiteBuilder, it’s never been easier to design a website that fits your needs.You can choose from over 200 unique templates and use a simple drag-and-drop to make your website stand out and with the responsive design, your website will look elegant on all devices.
- Use a dedicated email address. Give your customers a place to send feedback, share problems or ask questions about your offering. A dedicated domain-based email will build trust in your brand and what you have to say.There’s a two-month free trial of Private Email which includes file storage, calendar and more on offer with this deal.
- Stay safe and secure. You will getdomain privacy privacy protection, free for life when you register your domain. This means that your information will be kept hidden from potential spammers, frustrating marketing calls, and fraudsters.
Having a blog is all well and good. But you won’t experience any success if you don’t receive a considerable amount of visitors.
It’s never too soon to start. As soon as you’ve established your blog (which means you‘ve written some compelling content that will capture viewer attention), you need to begin implementing traffic methods that work.
Pinterest is the most newbie-friendly traffic sound around at the moment. If you want instant traffic, Pinterest is the deal. However, you can plan for the long term by mastering and using Search Engine Optimization strategy.
Search Engine Optimization Strategy
Here are 19 strategies that can be very effective in generating viewers activity.
- Above everything else, make certain your blog content is search engine friendly. That would include the following things.
- Placing keywords in all the headings (titles) of your posts.
- Placing keywords in your links. For example, if you’re sending viewers to a page where there is more information about optimizing their websites for better search engine position, don’t say “click here” but rather hyperlink the words “search engine optimization”.
- Place a primary keyword in the name of your blog.
- Submit your site to all the major search engines as well as the following blog directories and websites.
- Make certain you ping whenever you add new content to your blog. If your blog doesn’t come equipped with this capability, it can be accomplished through websites like Ping-O-Matic at
- Create your RSS feed to distribute your blog directly to readers.
- Contact the owners of websites whose topic is relevant to what you write about in your blog. Tell them you have free content available in exchange for a link back. Or you can simply exchange links by including a mention of their website within your blog content.
- Visit blogs that you like, preferably ones that have content similar or complementary to yours. Post quality and informative comments (along with your blog URL address) as often as you can – on average, around three times a week.
- Write great content in your blog. The better the content, the more people will visit and the more word-of-mouth advertising you’ll receive. Plus, other blogs and websites will be more likely to provide links to a blog that includes quality, relevant content.
- Write content on your blog frequently (at least two to three times a week). That way, the search engines will take notice and assign it more relevance and importance, primarily because it’s active and constantly building. If your blog content provides valuable and interesting information, other bloggers will come.
- The reason most blogs fail (other than the fact that so many of them contain nothing worth reading about) is simply because the owner couldn’t keep up the writing pace.
- If you want your blog to be successful, you need to approach the writing on a casual and personal level. Be yourself. Write honestly and from the heart, without all the hype and polished promotional agenda.
- One of the best ways to ensure that you’ll retain reader attention and support is to choose specific niche topics. Rather than try to please scores of individuals with various interest, focus on subject areas that have targeted audience potential.
- Your blog has the potential to generate a good deal of income. But your first and primary objective should be to create and maintain content that keeps your readership alive and well. Once you’ve accomplished that, financial success will automatically follow.
- For the most part, you need to pick a blog topic that is not only popular but lends itself to promoting related products.
- A niche blog will attract much more targeted readers and loyal supporters. They’re interested in the topic, they like what you’re writing about, and they return on a regular and ongoing basis.
- On your basic website, hard-hitting sales copy is acceptable, mainly because it’s expected. With a blog, you need to find the right balance between a sales pitch and a subtle recommendation.
- If you want to learn the basics of SEO, click here: Search Engine Optimization(SEO) i The more popular, informative, and user-friendly your site content is, the more often and higher it will show up in searches.
- Make certain your blog content is search engine friendly by placing keywords in the name of your blog, your post headings, and your links.
- Ping whenever you add new content to your blog.
- Distribute your blog content directly to readers through RSS feeds.
- Contact owners of websites whose topic is related to what you write about and let them know you have free content available in exchange for a link back to your blog.
- Visit blogs that you like with similar content and post quality and informative comments on a regular frequent basis.
- Write great content. The better the content, the more people will visit and the more word-of-mouth advertising you’ll receive.
- Write content on your blog frequently – at least two or three times a week. Because it’s active and constantly building, search engines will take notice and assign it more importance.
- Put your AdSense code on your blog template right away so there’s no delay in gaining income from any traffic you receive.
[wpforms id=”133″ title=”true”]